Plaster Casting Activity

Today I did a very fun and unique activity! I honestly had a bit of trouble with it but it was definitely a good experience. I dug a hole and just couldn’t really get the mold to be sturdy but I just kept adding more and more sand which helped a lot. Once I got the mold, I made my plaster. I wasn’t sure how thick the plaster was supposed to be so I ended up making it too thin. It was sort of a watery substance. It ended up messing up my mold so I went and dug another hole and made another mold. Once I had my mold all set up, I added a lot more plaster to the mixture that was already made which ended up making the plaster a lot thicker than I believe it needed to be. It was good though because it helped my plaster hand dry in a matter of minutes! It was a fun experience and I’m glad I did it.IMG_3707.JPG

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s